The Equality Act 2010 legally protects people from discrimination, harassment and victimisation – in the workplace and in wider society.
This online course provides a detailed understanding of what is meant by equality, diversity and inclusion and the actions one can take to make a positive difference.
The course includes two modules, covering the following areas:
- What is meant by equality, diversity and inclusion and the importance of promoting them in the workplace
- A breakdown of The Equality Act 2010
- The 9 legally ‘protected characteristics’
- Definitions and examples of prejudice, discrimination, positive action and positive discrimination and stereotyping
- Recruitment responsibilities, from advertising and selection to ensuring reasonable adjustments are in place
- How to promote, maintain and monitor equality, diversity and inclusion
- Information on support organisations who can help where needed
You’ll complete a short assessment at the end of each module and on completion of the course, you’ll be awarded a CPD accredited certificate in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace.