This online course focuses on anyone who produces, handles or sells food, who must understand the risk to people from allergenic contamination.
It provides detailed information on what food allergens are, how people can react to them and the legislation in place to ensure correct allergy information is provided to people.
The course covers the following areas:
- The basics of food allergens
- The different types of food allergies and intolerances
- Severe food allergic reactions, such as anaphylaxis, and how to deal with them
- The latest food allergen legislation
- A breakdown of the 14 regulated allergens
- Techniques and products for cleaning, disinfecting and sanitising
You’ll complete a short assessment at the end of the course and on completion, you’ll be awarded a CPD certified certificate in Food Allergen Awareness.