This online course provides detailed information on how to control food hygiene and safety and comply with food hygiene legislation. It focuses on food handlers who are working with in the preparation, handling and serving of food in a catering environment. The European Union Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs requires all food handlers to be appropriately trained in how to carry out their roles safely.
Throughout the course, you’ll learn about different types of foodborne illness, food allergens, food safety systems such as HACCP, food hazards and contamination, temperature control, food preservation and storage.
The course includes 5 modules covering the following areas:
- The latest legislation and quality management systems, including HACCP
- Different causes of foodborne illness, with an in-depth look at pathogens and how to prevent contamination
- The 14 regulated food allergens and the associated responsibilities of food handlers and retailers
- Techniques and products for cleaning, disinfecting and sanitising
- Food safety controls – including food preservation and storage, temperature, use by and sell by dates, hand hygiene and personal protective equipment (PPE)
You’ll complete a short assessment at the end of each module and on completion of the course, you’ll be awarded a CPD accredited certificate in Food Hygiene and Safety in Catering Level 2.