This online course provides detailed information on how to achieve high levels of food hygiene and safety and compliance with food hygiene legislation. It focuses on food handlers who are working with raw fresh produce in a food manufacturing environment. The European Union Regulation (EC) No 852/2004 on the hygiene of foodstuffs requires all food handlers to be appropriately trained in how to carry out their roles safely.
Throughout the course, you’ll learn how to control food safety and hygiene during the processing, packaging and distribution of raw fresh produce.
The course includes 5 modules covering the following areas:
- The latest legislation and quality management systems, including HACCP
- Different causes of foodborne illness, with an in-depth look at pathogens and how to prevent contamination
- The 14 regulated food allergens and the associated responsibilities of food handlers and retailers
- Techniques and products for cleaning, disinfecting and sanitising
- Food safety controls – including temperature, use by and sell by dates, hand hygiene and personal protective equipment (PPE)
You’ll complete a short assessment at the end of each module and on completion of the course, you’ll be awarded a CPD accredited certificate in Raw Fresh Produce Food Hygiene and Safety in Manufacturing Level 2.